Nebraska | Foster Care
SFCS provides Foster Care services in Nebraska. Our organization is pleased to serve local children and families through professional community-based services. Our Foster Families and agency staff are experts in the care of children in need of care. We take pride in helping children and families grow together. Contact us today if you are interested in making a difference in a child’s life.
Becoming A Foster Parent
The Saint Francis Nebraska Foster Care Program is actively recruiting families who are willing to open their hearts and homes to a
Nebraska child in need for foster care. If you are interested in inquiring about becoming a foster parent,
click here to complete the online application.
Foster Parent Benefits
SFCS foster parents are offered many benefits for their services. These include:
- Free professional ongoing support and training
- Respite provided
- Tax-free compensation
- Support and crisis services 24/7
- State mileage reimbursement
- Medical insurance for foster children
- One-on-one support provided by caring SFCS staff
- On-line resources and support with easily accessible tools and training available through a secure website designed exclusively for Saint Francis foster parents.
- The joy of knowing that a child has found support and care.
Potential Foster Parents must meet the following qualifications:
At least 21 years of age
Take 27 hours of training
- Pass all required background checks
- Have an outside source of income other than foster care
- Own or rent your residence that meets all state licensing
- Be willing to work as a team with children, families, agencies
and other professionals
For more information, please contact: